Vice President of Marketing & Communications 10-15-18
This position is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing and communications strategy in a manner that supports consistent growth and enhances brand equity and awareness to create favorable recognition and increased access to prospective donors and clients for the services offered by the Presbyterian Foundation and New Covenant Trust Company, N.A., herein after referred to as the Foundation Group.
This position calls for a commitment to Jesus Christ through the church, an evident love for all people of varying views and personalities, a commitment to the governance of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), a responsible affirmation of personal stewardship and a concern for the financial support of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in all of its worship, mission, and witness. The position provides leadership to the Foundation for the stewardship of accumulated resources.
Scope & Breadth of Position
This position reports directly to the President & CEO of the Presbyterian Foundation and manages a variety of marketing projects through external consultants and vendors. The Director of Marketing and others to be determined report to this position. The VP of Marketing and Communications will serve on the senior leadership team and is a Corporate Officer of the Presbyterian Foundation.
- Collaborate with senior staff in defining, developing, and introducing an array of services to satisfy the demands of prospects in the Foundation Group’s marketplace.
- Develop strategies and marketing campaigns to build awareness of the Foundation Group’s products and services within the Presbyterian community and others with interests in socially responsible investments.
- Build positive recognition of the Foundation Group’s faith-based trust and investment services.
- Play a key role in driving alignment and deployment of agreed upon marketing strategies and initiatives across the business segments of the organization.
- Assist in defining the methods and techniques to identify, cultivate, and solicit new assets through the Foundation Group’s services.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaign efforts in attracting and retaining clients. Adjust strategies as necessary to optimize campaign effectiveness and assist the organizations’ abilities in improving program and product imagery and delivery of services to clients.
- Create feedback mechanisms to share consumer perceptions with all business functions to create opportunities for continuous improvement in the design and delivery of programs, products, and services.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Marketing staff and external vendors to provide guidance and direction to meet marketing objectives and comply with budget and regulatory guidelines.
- Keep the President & CEO informed of marketing activities and situations requiring the attention of senior management.
- Direct the coordination of activities with media vendors, photographers, church constituencies, regulatory compliance personnel, and other church representatives to insure that materials compliment the corporate image, strategies, and the mission of the Presbyterian Foundation and Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Create and nurture effective partnerships with members of the boards, peers, and key stakeholders of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) to garner support for the delivery of product and service messages and themes.
- Create and nurture partnerships with mission and ministry organizations which benefit from the Foundation’s services to extend Foundation relationships with donors and the programs they support.
- Identify and communicate emerging marketing trends to Foundation Group’s leadership, boards, staff, and constituencies to better position the Foundation Group and to enhance future communications with current and prospective donors and clients.
- Develop corporate-wide brand identity standards, communications standards, processes, and procedures and coordinate with legal and compliance staff to ensure that all marketing/collateral materials comply with applicable regulations/statues.
- Utilize graphics, print production, broadcast media, and other specialists to produce print, collateral pieces, Web, and other designs to support and meet corporate marketing objectives.
- Staff the Creative Engagement and Social Witness Committee of the Board of Trustees. Support the Board’s other committees and leadership.
- Design and implement the Foundation’s presence strategy at General Assemblies and other key denominational events. This includes exhibits, events, sponsorships, and presentations.
- Represent the Foundation on General Assembly committees to support their work further the Foundation’s strategic goals.
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or equivalent field; MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of Branding/Marketing/Advertising experience in a service oriented or non-profit organization as well as meaningful practical experience in the field of personal/institutional financial services with emphasis on promotional and informational print media
- Must be highly analytical and creative, PC proficient, and possess superior interpersonal writing and communication skills
- Proven strategic business analysis and development skills with leadership and confidence to create a broad circle of influence among a variety of stakeholders
- Passionate and committed to the values of a socially responsible and faith-based organization
- Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses its energy on achieving goals
- Ability to mange multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes
- Proven ability to lead a proactive marketing organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contributions to objectives and to executing the organization’s strategic plan
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and translate investment performance trends and market-related events into innovative and easily understood language, graphics, or other media to appeal to both sophisticated and non-financial audiences
- Familiarity with graphic design, Web design, and video production is desirable
- Proficiency with Marketing Communications software products
- Knowledge and understanding of the theology, traditions, language, culture, and polity of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) preferred
For more information or to apply, please visit driconsulting.com.
“The Presbyterian Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer”